Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team (D’FAT) is the youth advisory group for the Derwent Valley Council, who meet fortnightly to advise Council on youth issues and concerns and develop activities and projects for young people.
D’FAT was formed in 2002.
Membership is free and is open to young people (12 – 25 years) throughout the Derwent Valley Municipality (Granton – Maydena).
D’FAT meets fortnightly on Thursday 7.00 PM at The Salvation Army, Derwent Valley Corps, 79 Hamilton Road New Norfolk.
- To increase awareness of and address youth issues and concerns
- To provide opportunities for community involvement
- To facilitate and promote consultation between young people and community groups and all levels of government
- To represent the views of young people
- To develop young leaders
- To promote a positive image of young people
- To support and co-ordinate activities and projects for young people
- Our vision is to empower young people to become respected and engaged members of the community
PO Box 294, New Norfolk, Tasmania 7140