Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team (D’FAT) is a youth led not-for-profit organisation in the Derwent Valley Local Government Area in Tasmania that exists to empower young people to become respected and engaged members of the Derwent Valley community.
D’FAT was formed in 2002* and membership is open to young people (12 – 25 years) in the Derwent Valley Local Government Area (Granton – Maydena).
*D’FAT was the youth advisory group for Derwent Valley Council from 2002 until 2021 (Special Committee of Council from 2004 until 2021).
D’FAT aims to:
- Advise organisations and individuals on youth issues and concerns
- Develop activities and projects for young people
The objectives of D’FAT are:
- To increase awareness of and address youth issues and concerns
- To provide opportunities for community involvement
- To facilitate and promote consultation between young people and community groups and all levels of government
- To represent the views of young people
- To develop young leaders
- To promote a positive image of young people
- To support and co-ordinate activities and projects for young people
Where is D’FAT
D’FAT meets fortnightly on Thursday 7.00 PM at The Salvation Army, Derwent Valley Corps, 79 Hamilton Road, New Norfolk.
PO Box 294, New Norfolk, Tasmania 7140
Any complaints should be directed to Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team Incorporated inline with the Grievance and Complaints Resolution Policy.