During November 18th 2022, D’FAT organised and hosted the 2022 Tasmania Youth Advisory Council Summit at the Derwent Valley Boat House (New Norfolk Rowing Club).
The summit had 42 attendees with representatives from D’FAT and the following youth organisations:
- Youth Advisory Council (YAC) (West Tamar Council)
- Youth Network Advisory Group (YNAG) (Clarence City Council)
- Youth Advisory Group (YAG) (Launceston City Council)
- Glenorchy Youth Task Force (GYTF) (Glenorchy City Council)
- Youth Advisory Squad (YAS) (Hobart City Council)
- Tasmanian Youth Parliament
- Youth Network of Tasmania (YNOT)
This summit was ‘100% funded by D’FAT’ and was an opportunity to showcase the Derwent Valley and for Tasmanian Local Government youth advisory groups to come together to share and generate ideas to make a real difference in their own community.
The summit featured keynote speakers (Tasmanian Youth Parliament and a former D’FAT member), preview of the 20-year anniversary D’FAT documentary, question time with elected officials (Derwent Valley Councillors) and the following discussion topics:
- How to effectively collaborate with other organisations and groups (facilitated by a D’FAT member)
- How to bring something unique to your region (facilitated by YNOT)
- How to bring change to Local Government for young people (facilitated by Derwent Valley Council)
- Tips and tricks to be a better public speaker (facilitated by a D’FAT member)