Friends of Ellis Dean Reserve (FEDS) is a Sub-Committee of D’FAT formed in 2003 with the aim to encourage social improvements and activities to Ellis Dean Reserve, New Norfolk.
This Sub-Committee ceased in 2007.
From 2004-2007 through community consultation and gaining multiple grant funding, D’FAT through the FEDS Sub-Committee made the following improvements to Ellis Dean Reserve:
- Establishment of children’s playground (2004)
- Establishment of shelter with picnic table (2004)
- Establishment of a mural (in-partnership with New Norfolk High School) and BMX bike dirt jumps (2006)
- Establishment of legal graffiti wall
- Establishment of public BBQ area (2007)
D’FAT received a State Tidy Towns award (Young Legends category) in 2005 for these improvements.
This Sub-Committee was re-established in 2009 and after further community consultation and grant funding, D’FAT has made the following improvements to Ellis Dean Reserve:
- Reporting vandalism and removing graffiti from items established by D’FAT (ongoing)
- Maintaining the legal graffiti wall (ongoing)
- Conduction of a graffiti art workshop (2010)
- Maintaining the BMX bike dirt jumps (ongoing)
- Extending the children’s playground (a fort) (2011)
- Installing agricultural pipe (2011)
- Installing additional seating (2015)
- Establishing basketball area (2018, 2019)
D’FAT additionally presented a workshop at the 2011 Tasmanian Youth Conference (TYC) on the FEDS project.
Ellis Dean Reserve is located at 54 Blair Street, New Norfolk.
Ellis Dean Reserve Surveys: